Say cheese!

I took Kate to get her 1 year pictures today (even though her birthday was over a month ago). She did so beautifully last time for her pictures that I had high hopes for this time .... Well, now that she can walk, she didn't think that sitting still for a strange lady yelling her name sounded all that fun. Plus, she was hungry and tired (she missed her morning nap - my fault). So, the pictures didn't turn out great, but here are some that I thought were cute. The last one where she is in a white outfit is a tradition that we started with Hayden. This cute little white outfit is one that Cletus wore when he was a baby, and that Hayden wore in his 1 year picture. I have grand visions of having all of our kids in this outfit when they are 1, framing them to look fabulous, and then hanging them all up on the wall in a grand display. But, Hayden's picture has poinsettias in it (because it was close to Christmas-time and I didn't think about the fact that I probably wouldn't want a seasonal picture 5 years later!), and as you can see, the best one they got of Kate is not-that-great. She wouldn't sit or stand still by that point, and so the back of her was the best we could do. But, her 1 year mark has been officially recorded by Sears. Thank you, Sears.





3 comments:

Angie (Drowns) Kelly said...

very very cute...even without the nap!

Unknown said...

They ARE very cute! I like the one from the back too because of her sweet little profile and those tights are the greatest! I bet someone could scan and photoshop those poinsettas out of Hayden's picture possibly....

I always get nervous and start sweating on the kids picture days...you never know what the event might bring! hehehe :)

Alice said...

Heather, that's a great idea. I think Hayden's picture would look much better without the poinsettas. In fact, you got me thinking about how to fix the two pictures of Hayden and Kate in the same outfit to look more similar ... (is "more similar" good grammar?). I think I can do it! Thanks for the good idea.

Post a Comment